Amazon Prime Day 2020 if finally happening on October 13 – we know for a fact since Amazon has plastered the date news all over its website. The shopping event that is usually held in July, is no longer getting delayed and no more thinking that maybe ‘Prime day’ is cancelled. It’s certainly happening.
Prime Days in the US will last 48 hours — beginning on Tuesday October 13th at 12AM PT / 3AM ET, and running through 11:59PM PT / 2:59AM ET on Wednesday, July 14th. That means you’ll see discounts available for 48 hours, though some of the best Prime Day deals on laptops, TVs and more will sell out in a matter of minutes.
We’re used to the date – or dates – switching up over the usual July. Timeframe for Amazon’s annual members-only sale, but Covid-19 has altered a lot of things, including our shopping habits and Amazon’s shipping times for non-essential items. Simply put, Prime Day is coming at a time when much of the world is on rebound, and it’s a great opportunity to get early deals before the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping events, that will run into the holiday shopping festivities.
- Sign up for Amazon Prime’s free 30-day trial
What is Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime is a subscription service that lets members access to a variety of perks. Top in the list, members have access to Amazon Prime Video, Free Shipping on items purchased on Amazon, and exclusive deals on Amazon Prime Day, among other Amazon-specific services. Currently, Amazon has over 100 million Prime members.
Membership costs $119 per year or you can opt for the monthly subscription that costs $12.99 per month.
For most shoppers, the service is more than the shipping perks alone, but there’s a lot more to Amazon Prime membership than free shipping and streaming services. For instance, Amazon Prime who shop at Whole Foods save 10 percent on selected Whole Foods purchases, and Amazon recently hinted that they will double on the Whole Foods discounts.
What does that mean? It means that with the new price cuts, shoppers will save an average of 20 percent on in-season meat, seafood and other products.
Prime members also have access to digital services like FreeTime Unlimited, a service that costs $2.99/month for Prime members or $4.99/month for non-members.
For students, Amazon Prime does offer a wide range of benefits. If you’re a two- or four-year college student with a valid .edu email, you can easily get a free six-month trial of Amazon Prime Student, that gives you access to special student-centered deals and coupons.
Why Should I subscribe to Amazon Prime?
Amazon lists a variety of reasons why anyone who frequents its website might need a Prime subscription.
- Shipping: Members have access to free two-day shipping on qualifying purchases in the U.S. and other benefits. Eligible ZIP codes also enjoy Free same-day delivery on purchases.
- Prime Pantry: This gives members access to low-priced groceries as well as household and pet care items.
- Prime Now: In select cities, Amazon does offers one-hour delivery on tens of thousands of products from local stores.
- Deals and Discounts, compliments of Amazon Family: through Subscribe & Save, you’re able to get 15 percent off eligible products from your baby registry.
- Prime Early Access: Amazon gives prime members 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com and other new events on MyHabit.com.
- Other benefits include: Video Games, Kindle First, FreeTime Unlimited, Whole Foods, Amazon Rewards Visa Card, Exclusive Members Access to some items and more.
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day began in 2015 as a way of celebrating Amazon’s 20th anniversary. It was a big success. In 2018, Amazon extended the sale to 36 hours, which is so far the longest Prime Day ever. In 2020, Prime Day will last 48 hours. On Amazon Prime Day, the online retail giant rewards Prime members with more than 100,000 exclusive deals.
This is where you find our curated early Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals list in the days and hours leading up to Prime Day. Everyday, we keep combing the retailer to add new deals and the best prices to make your shopping experience easier.
Amazon Prime Day deals: early savings list
We will keep the list updated every day, as new offers and deals drop, so keep checking for the latest deals and savings.